For those who are interested and eligible the Township offers the following:
- Billiards & Cards every day
- Line Dancing every Friday from 10am-11am
- Computer Classes/Support Mon. & Tues. from 9:30-11am by appointment
- Healthy Bones every Tuesday at 9:30am & 11am
- AARP Meeting 2nd Thursday of every month
- Health Maintenance Program twice a month from 10am-12pm Blood pressure & blood sugar checks
- In addition to the above, there are various clubs and senior organizations that provide their own programs. Learn more.
- Health Fairs (Hypertension & other health screenings are offered annually and monthly)
- Spaghetti Dinner
- Valentine's Day Lunch
The Senior Center has the ability to show videotapes and or movies/films upon request
- Transportation for clubs on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- Shopping drop off & pick up to ShopRite and Walmart from Senior Center on scheduled days
- Transportation to Township of Union area doctors. No Friday appointments.
- Notice to Public (PDF) & Complaint Form (PDF)
ADA Commitment & Compliance
Title VI Nondiscrimination
The Township of Union Senior Center operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. No person shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal assistance. Any person who believes that she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint in writing to the Township of Union Senior Center. To file a complaint, or for more information on The Township of Union Senior Center obligations under Title VI write to: Township of Union Senior Center C/O: Phyllis Monguso, 968 Bonnel Court, Union, NJ 07083 . you also have the right to file your complaint under Title VI. You may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration at: The Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. A complaint must be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination.
“Township of Union Senior Center” is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis on their disability as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The Senior Center has been designated as a Nutrition Site for the elderly. Well-balanced meals are served Monday through Friday (except on holidays) from 11:15am to 11:30am. Suggested donation of $1.75.
Reservations are required 3 days in advance by calling 908.527.4877.
The Division of Senior Citizens Activities provides information and referrals to Senior Citizens of Union, 60 and older. Identification cards are required to obtain discounts, transportation and assistance in procuring social services, financial or medical aid are available. Individual assistance is available for those needing help with PAAD, Lifeline and Home Energy Assistance program applications.
Telephone Reassurance Program
The Senior Center will provide a daily "checkup" service via telephone call to any homebound person upon request.