Disabilities and Mental Health Committee
As a public institution, the Township of Union has an obligation to ensure that its services, programs, and informational materials provide equal access to the widest possible audience, including individuals with disabilities.
The Disabilities and Mental Health Committee serves in an advisory capacity to create a climate that respects disability as an aspect of diversity and to ensure that individuals with disabilities are able to acquire and access information, interactions, and services towards their success. In line with those ideals, the Disabilities and Mental Health Committee committee also seeks to be a resource and referral/ advocacy group for ALL disabled members of the Township of Union.
- Resident Special Needs Identification Card | Click here
- TryCAN Community Programs | Click here
- Brochure of Dept. of Human Services | Click here
Click here for information on the Board of Education Special Services that provides additional help related to special education services.
To reach the Director of Special Services Kim Conti email email@example.com
Click here for information on the Division of Developmental Disabilities that provides public funding for services that assist NJ adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities to live as independently as possible.
- Work to comply with Title II of the ADA that covers programs, activities and services of public entities.
- Identify resources that address the disabled population and their needs and create a centralized mechanism for the dissemination of pertinent information.
- Work with the State, County and local agencies to identify and promote a range of developmental and recreational programs for the disabled community.
We meet every other month on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9:00am in the Conference Room of the Municipal Building, located at 1976 Morris Avenue, Union NJ 07083.
2022 Meeting Dates
- Meeting dates have not been scheduled for 2022 at this time.
- EILEEN BIRCH
- KIM CONTI
- ROBERT COWPER
- ANNE DAPONTE
- NATALIE DASILVA
- HON. MICHELE DELISFORT
- ARACELY DIGIROLAMO
- ELSIE MACKEY
- BERTHA MATHEWS
- NANCY MINNECI
- ANTHONY MONGUSO
- JOHN MORETTI
- DONALD TRAVISANO
- DANIEL ZEISER