Girls Night Out
Mark your calendars ladies for a night of fun! Join us in downtown Union Center on Friday, August 6 from 6 - 10pm for a night downtown. You will not want to miss this annual celebration, there will be so much to do and experience - grab your friends and make it a night to remember. Swag bags and certain items are on a first-come-first-served basis.
Workshops & Mini-Events
- Book signing with Brooke Baldwin | Here's The Story Bookstore - 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Glitter Bar, Hair Feather Extension & Metallic Tattoos | Location TBA
- Free Salsa Lesson | taught by world-renowned instructor Roman Cruz
- Psychic/Palm Readings
- Free Massages | hosted Kimberly Massage Studio
- Henna Art, Hair Feather Extensions, Glitter Bar
- Sip N’ Sew at ModMara - Ticketed Event - Details forthcoming
- Joe's Place - Beer & Burger - 6 pm - 7pm - First 20 people FREE
- Taco and Tequila - El Chichon - 7pm - 8pm - First 20 people FREE
- Pizza & Wine - Cioffi’s- 6pm - 7pm - First 20 people FREE
- Wine Tasting at Lager - 7pm - 8pm - First 20 people FREE
- Baking Party at Conca D'oro - Stuffing Cannolis - First 20 people FREE
- Jammed Up Bakery - Complimentary Cupcakes - First 20 people FREE
- Sabor de Mi Tierra - Complimentary Empanadas’ - First 20 people FREE
- Gusto Y Sabor - Complimentary Empanadas - First 20 people FREE
- Style Sushi - Complimentary Sushi and Sake - First 20 people FREE
HUDDLE: How Women Unlock Their Collective Power is a blend of journalism and personal narrative examining how women have come together in a wide variety of times and places, to provide each other with support, empowerment, inspiration, and strength to solve problems or enact meaningful change. Baldwin crisscrossed the country to research and write this book, revealing how huddling helps women achieve success in the workplace, effect grassroots change, build confidence during girlhood, maintain better physical and mental health, survive racial and gender-based oppression, and weather the COVID-19 pandemic. By speaking with historians and researchers, Baldwin also learned the ways that huddling has often been key to women’s survival over generations.
Baldwin’s story is one of learning to become more deliberate about leaning on female friends and colleagues —and HUDDLE issues an inspiring challenge to her readers to do the same.
About the Author: Brooke Baldwin is a veteran journalist who you've seen on CNN over the last decade covering some of the world's biggest breaking stories. She is a Peabody Award finalist. A native of Atlanta, she now lives in the New York City area.