During this period of transition, operations and layouts will be altered. However, library staff will continue to provide the services and resources that patrons have come to expect.
What to expect:
• On or about October 20, the Main Library on Morris Avenue will close for approximately 3 weeks, while staff relocates material, systems, and furniture. During that time, the Vauxhall Branch will remain open to serve our community.
• Once the initial move is complete, the Main Library will reopen to the public, at 1060 Stuyvesant Avenue.
This interim location will include:
• Children’s and Young Adult collections
• New books and DVDs
• Public computers and free Wi-Fi
• Printing, scanning and copying
• Newspapers and magazines
• Reference and Children’s Librarians
• Holds, pickups and returns
• All other books and material will be kept off site, but accessible to patrons by placing a hold. To best meet
the needs of the community, library officials expect to be able to move material back and forth between locations
on a daily basis.
• Construction is expected to last for approximately two years. The new facility will include spacious seating and reading areas, bright displays, quiet study and meeting rooms, bathrooms on every floor, a community performance center, and so much more.
Officials ask residents for patience during this transitional time, and encourage everyone to visit the Library’s website uplnj.org for the most up-to-date information and a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-851-5450.